I am going back to work next week but still don’t have “gym clearance”…….
Can’t dwell on that……
Our tree is up
It doesn’t look so great in the picture…….
Ohhhh Zip it! What do you know!
I definitely am feeling Christmassy (Is that a word?) Watching Christmas movies and baking cookies already!
First Cookies I just HAD to make?
Ginger Molasses Crinkle Cookies!!!! (Of course)
These are NOT a healthy recipe…..But come on! Its Christmas people!!!!
These are soft and chewy……..a taste of Christmas in every (sugar filled) bite!
Ingredients and Directions
- 1 cup softened Butter
Cream in mixer with
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
In a separate Bowl Mix together dry ingredients
- 4 Cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon All Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoons Cardamom
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
With the mixer on low incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. Do not over mix!
- Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375C and line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats.
- Roll rough into golf ball size balls and then roll in granulated sugar (coat the entire ball)
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes (turning trays at 5 minutes)
- Remove from oven and remove from baking sheet after 2 minutes
- Transfer to wire rack to cool
This recipe makes about 3 to 4 dozen cookies depending on how big you make them.
I found the cutest little gingerbread house box to put them in!
I have been doing some shopping since I have been off work all month and actually have time……Here is one of my finds……I thought it was “festive”!
A bird! It’s a bird on my effin sweater ok!!!!!! I like it and that’s all that matters! (right??)