Pre race day shenanigans

The Nike 15K run on Toronto Island was Sunday June 14……

I am sure I might have mentioned it one or two times……..


Oh sooooo funny!

To say I was pretty excited is an understatement!

Saturday was such a busy day and it didn’t go exactly how I wanted it to……I didn’t realise until Friday night that there was no race day kit pick up…….So Saturday morning I had to drive downtown Toronto to pick up my kit.


The Honda Toronto Indy was on and I knew traffic was going to suck!

It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be and the worst part ended up being trying to park…….

The Nike Village was set up right on the water and actually was very nicely done.


I wish I would have had more time to look around. It was very efficiently set up and organised and I was in and out pretty quick.


They had a lot of really nice running gear….My head was spinning!! I could have spent my entire pay check in about 5 minutes…….

want it

There were plenty of places for photo ops…..unfortunately I was in a rush and didn’t have much time to look around. I really wanted to spend some more time there!


I rushed home and Julie picked me up to go to the Vegan Food Festival…….She had The Pinch with her…he didn’t look too impressed!


and her two step daughters……

The festival was at the local fair grounds….


Even though I am not Vegan I still like a lot of the products and it was nice to find some new local vendors…..


It was actually quite busy  and Julies step daughters (they are 9 and 10 years old) really enjoyed learning new things and trying samples of food they have never had before. They were actually very open minded and had lots of questions….it was great to see……

IMG_7016  They are such sweet, well behaved girls! IMG_7018

By the time we left the Vegan Fair it was almost 7pm and I had not eaten since 11 that morning,


I know! I should have planned my day better!!!

I also had barley drank any water….Also not a good pre race day thing to do!


Who knows……

By the time I got home and made dinner it was 830pm and I was kinda freaking out! I had to get up at 415am and I NEVER eat that late the night before a race……ugh…..


Dinner was good but nothing fancy….they same exact meal I have before every race…..A Turkey Burger (no bun) and Sweet Potato Fries….I scarfed it down as fast as I could……


I drank as much coconut water as I could and got all organised for the morning…….


Alarm was set for 415am and Shane’s cousin Mark and his Girlfriend Carla decided last minute that they wanted to come to the race with us and they were set to show up at 5am……

I was all ready and settled into bed by 11pm……Later then I would have liked but what can you do!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s