I cancelled my Overtime shift for today!!!! It was a easy 0600-1400 Shift
I know! Easy money……But I just needed to be off today. Tomorrow is supposed to rain and I work all weekend so today is really my only chance to get my long run in this week.
I am pretty sore today as I have been in the gym all week instead of out running!
- Monday I did Shoulders and Back
- Tuesday I did Biceps and Triceps
- Wednesday I did a core workout
I have a few gym/non running related goals I am starting to work on.
- I want to be able to bench press 135lbs 5 times (45lb bar, and one 45lb plate on each side)
- To do 5 full range pull ups
I am NO WHERE near doing either of these right now……
Starting point this week
- I benched pressed 65lbs 8 times
- 1 “assisted” full range pull up
For someone who works out as much as I do I should be more advanced as this…..The biggest issue?
I NEVER do core training…….
Why? Because its hard and I suck at it…….
I know I know! I have wanted to do core training for a while. I know it will help my running and overall strength so I think it is time to get on it!
The Nike Woman’s 15K run on Toronto Island is next Sunday!!!! I received my Race Kit Pick Up Information Email
Shit…….Lets break this down…….
- The race starts at 9:30
- I have to board the ferry at 06:40
- Drive time to Downtown 40 Minutes
- If want to get a Coffee I have to leave home at 5:45
- I will need about one hour to shower and get ready
- Projected wake up time on race day……..
This is going to take some careful planning!
Todays run will be about 16KM……
I planned ahead and loaded up on Sherbet yesterday……..It will totally help me today for my run……
We went to Baskin Robins for a little afternoon indulgence…..I treated cause I am nice like that….(OK I lost a bet and had to pay……whatever)
I was eyeing these bad boys up when we got there
They looked sooooo good……I did a quick Google search to check the calories…..
850-1050 Calories each??? How is this even possible??
ughhh……I ended up getting some Mango/Coconut Sherbet
Still really good! And less guilt!
So long 1 minute per km slower then race pace run today…….Lets hope it’s better then my last 16K run!