Since I have only been doing this blog for a couple weeks I haven’t really established any rhyme or reason to it yet! I like the freedom of posting whatever I want whenever I feel like posting it, but sometimes its nice to have some predictability!
So considering I cook and bake daily I will try to do What I Ate Wednesday! (WIAW), posting any recipes from the week that I consider worthy of sharing! I will also post the good, the bad and the ugly of what I have been eating!
I tend to eat the same things most of the time, unless I have a bit of a craving for something specific. I definitely have some basic go to meals. Work meals tend to look like this….
I tend to be a lot more creative on days off (obviously) as I have more time.
First off my day can not start without Coffee. On my days off I am able to make my Coconut Oil Coffee
Add one cup of hot coffee to your blender with 1 teaspoon of Coconut Oil and a touch of Stevia (if wanted) blend until frothy
This is creamy, frothy and just plain delicious. Give it a try!
Typical breakfast on days off could include
- Set oven to broil
- Cut in half
- Sprinkle Stevia and Cinnamon
- Broil in oven for approximately 5 minutes
This is the only way I eat Grapefruit. It is way more tasty and juicy when you heat it this way……
PB&J Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 TBSP PB2 reconstituted with water
- 1 teaspoon of jam or jelly of choice
This is so freaking delicious
I will usually head to the gym or out for a run after this, and when I return I am famished. I have to make something right away or this might happen
So the easiest and quickest thing is a smoothie
My go to would be a Green Monster Smoothie or a Smoothie Bowl
I have a million Smoothie recipes and I will post those often. Here is a Smoothie Bowl recipe. This is kind of my standard base recipe you can modify the add on’s for your taste.
- 1/4 cup old fashion oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp Chia Seed
mix together with 1/2 cup almond milk-Let sit for a minimum of 15 minutes or as long as overnight…
Add to the blender with
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp organic protein powder
- and 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Blend, pour into a bowl and add some berries of your choice…..
Butternut and Arugula Spelt Pizza
- Peal and dice a Butternut Squash, coat in EVOO and roast at 400C until brown and cooked through
- Slice a few onions thinly and cook down in frying pan until soft and caramelized
- 2 Cups Spelt Flour
- pinch of salt
- Add warm water until it comes together
Kneed into a ball and let rest, covered for at least 30 min
Roll out the curst and top with
- Caramelized Onions
- Cubed Butternut Squash
- Goat Cheese
Bake at 400C until crust is cooked. Remove from oven and top with
- Lots of fresh Arugula
- Drizzle Balsamic Reduction oven the pizza
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 3 TBSP Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Sea Salt
Rub on white fish of your choice and grill or bake
- 3 TBSP Greek Yogurt (0% plain)
- 2 TBSP White Wine Vinegar
- 1 TPBS Honey
- Salt and Pepper
Add in a couple cups of pre shredded Coleslaw Mix and allow to sit for at least one hour
Take a mason jar and fill with thinly sliced Radishes. Fill with white vinegar that has been brought to boiling with a couple TBSP Honey mixed in. Allow to sit minimum overnight and up to two weeks.
- I used Corn Tortillas but your can used any type you want including Lettuce Wraps if you are low carbing it.
- Spread fresh Avocado on the base and top with Coleslaw, Radishes and Fish.
- Top with a squeeze of Lime and a dollop of Greek Yogurt if wanted